Thursday, September 18, 2008

Signs of Autumn

My hydranga bush has turned a lovely pink from it's normal snow white. This is a sure sign of a seasonal change and one that's sure to bring spectacular viewing of brillant colors before the final dressing of white again, snow that it.
The geese shown flying south give us another clue that fall is on it's way, but one of my favorite scenes is to see the apple trees heavily laden with their red fruit.
This picture shows what has fallen on the ground in our back yard. The interesting thing here is that the deer haven't been to eat the apples. We hear that last year was hard for deer survival and I believe that must be true. We have seen very little wild life this year.




3 comments:

Beth said...

Yippeee, lots of pictures. It looks like you've got the hang of it. Nice shot of the geese.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and you are getting the hang of it. I always enjoy the beauty of Maine.

Pappy said...

Maybe the little animals have sufficient food in the big woods. I would eat some apples if I were there. Pappy