Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Safe Haven for Beavers



The poor little beavers work their flat tails to the bone making dams and houses only to have them washed away in the mighty Nezinscot River. Well, some of them got smart and decided to move into an area that Tom calls his pond. It really is a healthy bog that has water most of the time. Yesterday we were tooting around in our Kawasaki Mule and I braved the wilderness to explore what the beavers were doing in that area. Tom sat in the Mule nursing his hurt back until I came back with glowing reports of the dam's success. Not only have they dammed up the water to make a real lake, but it makes the path to the northeast part of our property accessable without treading water.


Tom couldn't resist and followed me down the path to the new dam. Hopefully I can get my picture to go where I want it to go. Otherwise, you'll just have to look at it where ever it ends up on the page.


Well, thanks to my sweet husband the picture got where I wanted it. Now I want to put in a picture of the cabin. Let's see how that goes.

How about that? I guess the sky's the limit now.
Enjoy


1 comment:

Pappy said...

Well, as my dad used to say with that little grin of his showing, "Otters ain't Beavers." I think it was in response to someone else saying, "I oughta do that." Beautiful scenery. Pappy