Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finished gardens

You may be delighted to know that I will not be sending any, or maybe not many, more pictures of the new garden. It has been planted.
Friday, when I was digging the daylilies out of the seedling bed to move them to the new garden, my neighbor Trudy came by walking her little dog. She walked right over and said, "Mary, you could use some help." She tied up the dog to a nearby shrub and grabbed the shovel. She could dig faster than I could load them into the mule.
After they were all loaded, she said she was taking the dog home but would be right back. Before I could drive the mule over to the waiting beds, she was back with her shovel. In no time we had all the plants in the ground and watered before the rain came.
That afternoon the truckload of mulch arrived and I called my trusty helper Matthew to come on Saturday to move mulch. You see the fruit of his labors before your very eyes.

1 comment:

Pappy said...

You should be sleeping well after all that work. It is always good to hear and read stories of neighbors being neighborly. I'm sure the beds will be postcard quality photo ops soon. Pappy