Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall is Here







Trying to drive and look at the same time is almost impossible. Tom and I drove out this morning before the rain came and took some awesome pictures.


I'm afraid you will be treated or otherwise to lots of this kind of picture over the next few weeks.

We have never seen the reds so brilliant and so early. Someone said that the sweeter the maple trees were, the more brilliant the red color. Whatever the reason, it is spring all over again with each leaf being a beautiful flower.

I spent considerable time cleaning up the cabin today, so our family who will be visiting from Chili in a week can enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and toast some marshmellows over the campfire. I'm standing on the deck. Husband missed out on the cleaning. I don't know how long he is going to milk this cow!!

After taking the morning pictures, we went to town (Auburn is the closest town thirty miles away) to do some errands. I didn't take a camera as it was raining. Big MISTAKE!!! The colors were so intense even in the rain that I could hardly drive, that means "stay on the road."

The next picture I put on the blog, whereever it ends up, will show just a limb of my favorite leaves of the fall. Each leaf is a collage of different colors and I think they are very special.

That's all for this time.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't beat the fall colors in Maine. Look forward to more pictures. Hope Uncle T is still on tne mend. Take care

Pappy said...

One good thing about blogging is seeing the seasonal changes in different parts of the world. I would love to be there now. We are having a little fallish weather this week. I am taking full advantage. I hear Maine may be looking at a hurricane. I hope it blows itself out over the Atlantic. Thanks for sharing. Pappy