Friday, July 23, 2010

What awaited our return from the West



After our three week plus camping trip out west, I knew the garden would be a field of weeds but I wasn't prepared for a garden full of four foot weeds, solid!

A friend told me they had to use the weed trimmer on theirs, so I went out to see if there was anything there to expose with a weedeater. Much to my delight, we found eleven of the twelve tomato plants as tall as the weeds and already bearing fruit. Seeing is believing, so will enclose the photo. Maybe we need to let the weeds grow so the plants can get a good start?????

Then I was afraid all my daylilies would be bloomed out. This was not the case either as you will see one of my favorite seedlings. The plant had six open on it today and I was very happy.

2 comments:

Nan said...

So very glad you didn't miss all your daylilies!

Pappy said...

Looks like a nice trip. We must have passed somewhere along the highways of the West. Glad you didn't have to use that bell stick. You can tell Black Bear scat from that of the Grizzly upon close examination. Black Bear has seeds and small bones, while Grizzly has the remains of chewed bells and whistles. :) Pappy