Saturday, July 3, 2010

Badlands





Well, here we are in the Big Sky Campground in Montana. And big sky it is. Today we were driving and all of a sudden I said to Tom, "I can see everything for 360 degrees." The sky looked sooooo big.
We rode along looking at beautiful farm lands and ponds for hundreds of miles until we hit the Theodore Roosevelt Painted Canyon. It was hard to believe that we went from rolling plains to canyons. As you will see from the pictures, it was really a beautiful sight.
I don't know what the fields of yellow are in the picture, but the landscape was simply one giant painting after another, ever changing in color, shape and texture. The deep blue ponds accented the green fields of corn and often there would be gold where the wheat had been harvested. It was almost like watching a scenic movie.
Last night was horrific because of the wind. It must have been blowing 40 miles an hour all night. I never closed my eyes until after 3 this morning. I was sure the camper would be damaged. I didn't know until I talked about my fear this morning that Tom had the same concern. But, God is good and we suffered no damage, except loss of sleep.
Tonight there is a good breeze, but it's in the 70's and very pleasant. Tomorrow we have many things to stop and see along the way, but we will be on the outskirts of Glacier.

No comments: