Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The day after



Now that the election is over, the TV anchors will have to try something new to talk about, but I will basically stick to my woods.

We started election day by going to Auburn to meet with the Sun Journal writers. Tom and I have been hired by the Emergency Management Director for Oxford County to do a 12 page insert in the paper next November, (yes, you heard me correctly) on Being Prepared. Since we have a year to put this together, we are not under any undue pressure, but we want to do a good job and will start by getting information on the 36 towns in Oxford County and what they have for prepardness

Following this hour plus meeting, Tom had his back therapy, then we went by to vote.

After putting a chicken in to bake for supper, we drove to the western part of the property in the 'Mule'. I had not been on this trail for a long time, though Tom had walked behind his helper back in August to clear the trail.

We stopped at a few river view points until Tom decided that a tree stump looked like a pretty good chair. I went on to explore more of the river. "If you get in trouble, yell," he says from his stump. Yeh, like that would do me any good. He didn't even have his ears in!!

Anyway, I got to the river view trail that is my favorite without any bear encounter. I wasnt' worried about the moose and hoped I would see him, but didn't. I took this nice photo. I love this tree.




Even though our property is posted, we wear our bright orange.


The walk was good exercise and prepared us for a nice nap on our return. I took this photo of my 'Christmas', Halloween or whatever cactus when I came back into the sunroom. It is one I brought with me from Chattanoogo ten years ago when it was small.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Beautiful!! I can't wait to come walk along the river this weekend.