Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Camera

Son Charles gave me a Nikon D40 for my birthday and I've been trying it out on anything and everything that would stand still. I haven't mastered the action pictures yet. I'll have to watch the video a few hundred times before that.

We tried the camera first at Beth's house as soon as I got it. I was a bit intimated with all the gadgets. She posed in front of her warm stove with blooming cactus in hand. She's into flowers as well as her mother and has quite a collection already.











Beth had to try the camera next and she had me sit at her piano. The piano is my former spinet which we bought soon after she was born in Chattanooga. She wanted it after I got my baby grand and so now it lives in her house. She learned to play on it and felt it was part of the family.










When we got home the full moon presented another chance to snap a different shot as it looked so pretty perched above the clouds.

After this group of photos, it rained all week, so I was stuck with indoor pictures. Misty cat proved to be an accommodating model as she sat around or warmed herself by our gas log fire.

























1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice pictures. I especially like the moon one. We're home now from our weekend, thanks for checking on the beavers.