Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday outside time

It started out as a very sunny day.  Tom and I packed water, hand cleanser, snacks and stopped at Tiltons for pre made sandwiches and started for the coast.  While in Tiltons, I learned that all I had to do instead of going in with mask and gloves, was to call in my grocery list and pay with credit card and wait for them to deliver my groceries to the car.  What a nice thing to do.
Anyway, I wanted to see if we could get to Reed State Park on the ocean.  Having only been once, it was a trial and error.  However, we got to the park with no problems, but the entrance was gated and blocked.  We figured it was closed due to the virus, but figured, we could at least drive in.  that was not to be.  I got tired about Wiscasset, and told Tom to give up on Pemiquid and we would eat our little lunch by the bay there, which we did.  We watched the gulls waiting for us to throw out crumbs, but we didn't.  I saw what I assumed was a mother and grown daughter or two good friends who could not visit together.  They left the dock and drove away in two  different cars.  People are obeying the rule to stay away from each other pretty good.  We had a good outing anyway.

No comments: