Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring has Sprung


Yes, the world is beautiful here in Maine this sunny May day. It is amazing to me that one day the ground is covered with snow and a few days later, the grass is a foot high in the flower beds. Almost overnight the world changes and it is impossible to keep up with what is popping out of the ground in unwanted places.

The yard is full of tulips, daffadils, violets, spirea and azeleas. The azeleas are only a hint of what my homeplace in Mississippi once had. They were as large as a house and smelled so wonderful. I guess mind would grow as large as a house if I didn't keep pruning them. Beth's bees have a lot to buzz, but so far have stayed out of my sunroom.

Tom is working on his pond and hopes to put in an electric line this week to power the pump and fountains. Hopefully I will be able to post this with a photo.

No comments: