Thursday, January 21, 2016

Expanded memories

I decided that I would like to expand more on some of those memories, so here goes.  As I recall, we boarded a bus to ride up to the glacier and then had time to walk around and explore them some. We even drank some glacier water.
  IT was a fun experience, but as I recall, I appreciated the few hardy flowers around the hotel were better memories.  I also liked the fact that Chuck had to stop the car and wait for the big horn sheep to pass and I got our to pet them.  I know I did because I have pictures. The picture shows me feeding them as well.
There were grazing elk that we got to see as well as see elk chasing Coyote. We saw a man playing an alpine horn and listened as it echoed through the mountains.  There were colorful poppies and oxeye daisies everywhere.  We stayed a Moraine Lake which has beautiful blue water from glacier milk.

We later went into Edmonton Mall which held ocean size swimming pools with waves and roller coasters and other park rides.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a trip to Canada with Chuck and Luella. They had been to Moraine Lake before, and as usual, Luella had picked out the two rooms with the best views or us. They are great traveling companions.