Sunday, November 22, 2015

Approaching 82

Tomorrow I will make the 82 year old mark.  I know this because the house smells delicious from the birthday cake my sweet daughter and best friend just made  I will eat it on Tuesday as I will be in the hospital tomorrow having a procedure to check out my throat.
Tom and I had many adventures yesterday shopping.  He bought me a foot bath that bubbles.  We also shopped for Christmas toys for the little tykes.
I'm beginning to work on Christmas music for my churches.  It's fun to pull out the various books I have and play through them and choose the appropriate ones for the upcoming Sundays.
I'm planning on having a little Christmas Tea recital for my two students, one adult and one child.  It will give them an opportunity to play before a tiny audience.  I have always enjoyed teaching and when I see a student begin to grasp concepts whether musical or academic, it gives me such pleasure.  I hope to be a blessing with my music as long as I'm able.  Right now, I seem to still give people enjoyment.  When I feel I"m no longer doing justice to the music and the LORD, I will surely step aside. I can't last too much longer.

No comments: