Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ocean Camping trip




Our first trip in our camper was to the ocean. We had the site of all sites. The number is "ON" meaning, it is on the ocean. I could have spit in the ocean from my picnic table bench, in high tide.

On our last day, I decided to watch the sunrise as the surf was pounding so hard it woke me at 4:15. I crept out to the car and got my camera while still in my pj's and a jacket. The sky was just beginning to turn to a golden hue. The robins were singing their hearts out in the trees, but the gulls were quiet. When the storm came yesterday, they went crazy screaming in the wind.
Anyway, no rain today.
I saw a few little ducks in the water enjoying the unusually high tide this morning. Pink clouds were slowly creeping over from the north.
I got a little chilly, so went inside the camper to make a cup of coffee. Tom was sleeping soundly in is cozy sleeping bag.
The coffee was made just in time. I barely had time to take a sip before the sun broke the horizon. What a glorious sight.
The sun warmed my face, the coffee warmed my throat, the surf and bird songs filled my ears. My heart and soul was full of peace.
The surf brought in waves with a spash and took the gravel back out with rolling stone sounds. I sat on the picnic table bench and looked down into the water, now golden with the sun. I did not move for fear I would miss a moment of this bliss.

No comments: