Saturday, April 3, 2010

Warm Easter


I just heard the weather forcast for today and it looks like we may see 80 degrees. It will be perfect for the annual Easter Egg hunt on the grounds of the East Sumner Congregational church. I hope to get some cute photos for the paper.


Good news on the fish survival this winter. I have now counted all five in the bog pond and the two big ones in the deeper pond were swimming around and ready to eat yesterday. We'll have to move some of the ones out of the bog pond into the larger pond because the bog is too small for five nice fat goldfish.
My orchids have survived very well through the winter as well. They certainly brighten up a cold winter day, but now I see life beginning in the garden. My daylily seedlings are coming up nicely in the sunroom, so I hope to have a small bed to transplant later on this spring.
Good news today as well. I just heard that the parks are opening earlier this year. We will be pulling the camper out soon for some fun camping trips.

No comments: