Saturday, April 10, 2010

Golden Angel Trumpets



My golden Angel Trumpet is outdoing itself this year. I have had it for many years and each year it seems to have more and more blooms. I just keep cutting it down to about 2 feet and off it goes again. I counted 14 blooms today. In the evening the fragrance is overwhelming.

I made a picture from inside and outside the sunroom. I had to hurry on the outside shot as it is very cold and windy today. The last time I looked it was 42 degrees, but the wind is steady at 20 mph.

The geraniums get the same haircut as the Trumpet get about twice a year. These were cut back in January and are just getting back their full bloom.

This room is also full of orchids that are in the down time. The blooming ones get to come inside. Most anything grows out there and I have around 70 daylily seedlings getting larger every day enjoying the room. When summer arrives, I'll transplant them all outside in a bed.

No comments: