Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Relatives

I think I have relatives all over the globe, but memories are really shot from my early years.  I had 4 step siblings and have kept in regular touch with Dennis, the son of Elman my half brother.  Also with Mark and Marqueta from half brother  Merkle's adopted family.

I kept up with half sister Jean when she was in Indiana, but her family fell by the wayside.  I know she went to live with son Paul and his wife, Michelle in California and eventually died there.  Her other kids, Dwayne, Roger and Hope disappeared from my memory.  I'v lost touch with half sister Maxine's family as well. All half siblings are passed away, but their family lives on.

I can place them all in my memory when they visited the farm, but as I recall, those were not happy times and I believe I have suppressed them mostly from my memory.  My mother was not fond of my dad's previous family and family fights were frequent.  In my young mind, I can't recall details due to plain not remembering or deliberately suppressing.

I have very pleasant memories of my relationship with Merkel and Mary as they were around a lot and took me under their wing., but I was too young to remember Elman at all and he never lived nearby.

Now as I approach 85 year old, I would like to reach out to more of my kin.  

No comments: