Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3
WE only had Dave and Sandy Broberg yesterday for the church hike, but they enjoyed it as did we.
then we all ate hot dogs in the house rather than outside as it was  too chilly to sit out on the tables.
Sandy brought a pasta salad and picked green beans and we had hot dogs and beans.  We talked around the table until nearly 3:30, when Dave and Sandy went home.  I was sorry more people could not come, but we enjoyed who we had.  the woods were very wet. In fact, I had not realized it had rained so hard Saturday night, but it must have to make the woods that wet.  There is so much moss in the woods now with the little rains we have gotten.  I must go back to reading Beth's book on mosses.

Chuck and Luella hiked to the big tree along with me and the Brobergs.  On the way home, they stopped to rest at the cabin, but Sandy and I trecked home by way of the Luella trail.  I was tired last night, but no more than usual.  I do get tired on all my walks with Mara, but I recover by morning and start  over again.

Beth and Charlie hauled wood up to the house that he has cut in the woods, in anticipation of their wood stove installation on Wednesday.  Tom and I will take C and L to the coast to get out of the house for the noise that I am sure will occur.  Hopefully this wood stove will be very safe and keep us all warm.

No comments: