Saturday, February 21, 2009

Frozen flag




We went to visit our local bakery and there I saw where the American flag had blown to the eaves of the house where the bakery resides and frozen in place. Icicles had formed and made a most unusual sight. I had to go home and get my camera. It will let you know how cold it really is in Maine.






Our mountains look pretty white right now. There is probably 4 or 5 feet of snow on them.






Aside from the cold, here is a photo of my Jewel orchid in bloom. It is the only orchid that can be entered in a show without a bloom because of it's foliage. I love the tiny little orchids.

3 comments:

Pappy said...

"And long may she appear to wave o'er the Land of the Free...." Brrrrrrrr. It is chilly down here this morning. Someone in Maine forgot to shut the door when they got home. Glad your little orchid is warm and cozy. Pappy

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your home safe and sound. I really enjoyed my visit with all of you. Also enjoy your pictures of frozen Maine.

Pappy said...

Have you begun to dig out yet? Last account you were shoveling snow. Hope you are both well. Everyone here is running at near full speed. Pappy